Update by user Mar 28

UPDATE; As of Mon.3/27/17 I got a conference call from Dr.Donna Vagnozzi-Bucci, and Aetna Dental Superviser, Aetna said they firmly believe that this was not done intentionally,which I agree with.They are working together to submit last 27 month's and appeal some other older claims,but Aetna will not guaranty they will pay any back bill's submitted and Dr.

Vagnozzi will not say now if she will settle any old claims for money owed that I already paid for.

I have agreed not to post on social media for 3-4 weeks to give her time to work on this.I will post any future updates and the final outcome.

Original review posted by user Mar 25

Michael LarkinMy family and I have been going to Donna Vagnozzi-Bucci Denistry and Spa since the 90's.We were always told nitrous is not covered by Aetna Ins.

We had to pay cash at end of visit. Well, to make a long story short. I just found out that Aetna does cover it and they have since at least 2010. When I spoke to a superviser at Aetna, I was told the Dr, Vagnozzi can still get reimbursed for the past 27 months, which she agreed to submit.

Her receptionist left me a message that the Dr. was not going to reimburse me for what she can't get from Aetna.She herself has never even called me. They said it is the patients responsibility to know what's covered by insurance.(my lawyer said it is there responsibility) I used to have $100.00 bills after my appointments. And this includes my wife and 2 kids for almost 20 years.

So because they made a mistake does not mean you get to keep our money. If it was an accident, well now that you learned it is covered you need to make things right,you don't get to just keep our money. If anyone reading this is a patient of theres has Aetna Ins. and has been paying cash, you should call them right away.

I feel that if Dr. Vagnozzi excepted my money for all those years and now finds out she made a mistake and say's I'm not giving any back to you, that is outright stealing. And if it's a few thousand for me and my family, think how much that would add up to from all her Aetna patients.This started 2 months ago, and this week I asked the office manager if she has contacted all her other Aetna patients, she said no. Obviously We will never go back to her.

I have gotten an attorney and will keep you up to date on all proceedings.

Don't let her keep your money.Contact me and join in my law suite.mjl71160@gmail.comDonna Vagnozzi

Review about: Family And Spa Dentistry Dental Service.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Had an Experience with Family And Spa Dentistry?

Comments

In response to our patient’s disappointing experience.We pride ourselves on going above and beyond to help our patients maximize their dental benefits.

In this particular case we received inaccurate information from the patient’s insurance company that resulted in loss of benefits for him. The patient brought it to our attention last month and we have taken the necessary steps to help him get reimbursed for the procedures. As, was explained to the patient by our doctor, office manager and the insurance representative there was no intent or wrong doing done by the office to cheat this patient out of money. According to Aetna's customer service manager the procedure in question, is not usually a covered procedure.

He said this patient's plan is one of the only plans in the thousands of plans that he’s seen in 20+ years he’s been with the company that actually covers it.

We believe insurance should take responsibility for providing inaccurate benefit information and are writing an appeal to them on our patient’s behalf.It is important to note that even though we process our patient’s insurance claims for them, it is ultimately their responsibility to know their insurance coverage.